The COVID-19 pandemic has made a significant impact on every aspect of our life. During the pandemic most people are staying at home, as social distancing is necessary to reduce the spread of coronavirus. But this has a negative effect on our physical and mental health. As a result, some people experience stress, anxiety and worry that can destructively affect their quality of life in general.
The whole world has been stubbornly fighting against the pandemic for the second year now. The coronavirus shows us that both physical and mental health should be equally important and need much attention. Especially at the beginning of the pandemic, most people were really shocked and frightened. Today most of us could more or less adapt themselves and learn how to live in a new reality. Nevertheless, the change of the usual rhythm of life, restrictions and financial instability make some people feel miserable and depressed. That can lead to sleep disturbances, anxiety, and fears. With all that's going on, some media add fuel to the fire by spreading negative unconfirmed information everywhere: via social networks, messengers, and news. No one knows when all this will end. We can hope that vaccination will begin, and the borders will be opened again. Unfortunately, staying calm in such a situation is extraordinary difficult, and often you cannot do this without the help of specialists. Therefore, you always need to filter information that you consume on a daily basis. And if you cannot cope with anxiety on your own, you should seek specialist help immediately.
How to deal with stress
Read our simple tips to help manage and reduce your stress levels if you are made to stay at home during the pandemic:
- Proper nutrition. A balanced diet that contains different kinds of food and fulfill all your nutritional needs is the key to good health and strong immunity.
- Physical activity. To stay healthy, you should move more. Doing some regular physical activities will help you strengthen your muscles and bone, and reduce chronic diseases. Yoga practise can also provide lots of health benefits, including the improvement of mental health.
- Good sleep. You should sleep for about 7-9 hours. Sleep enhances rapid recovery of the body, and, accordingly, greater resistance to stressful situations.
- Hobby and positive mood. Hobbies are also important for our wellbeing. Doing activities we really enjoy can help us relive stress and improve our mood.
- Communication. Of course, with COVID-19 the way we communicate changed, but you can communicate with your family more in person and talk to other interesting people using online modes of communication such as video conferencing, phone calls, texts, or emails.
Thus, a healthy lifestyle during the coronavirus pandemic will help you live happily. Following these tips is just a guarantee that the body will functionate properly. Then any problems will be easier to solve. And do not forget that taking care of your mental health is as important as looking after your physical health.
Remember that prevention is better than treatment. That is why it is necessary to undergo annual health check-ups. Regular medical examinations are essential for both men and women, as they allow to get the diagnosis and reveal disorders at the early stages. A physical exam is your chance to stay healthy and happy. Learn more about Health Screening Tests and other treatments available with UA Destination in Kyiv, Ukraine.